Terms and Conditions of Employment
The normal probationary period is max 3 months. An extension of the probationary period is not permitted.
Notice period – depends on the type of contract and employment period with the employer:
- employment contract for a trial period:
- Three working days, if the contract is concluded for no more than two weeks,
- One week, if the contract is concluded for more than two weeks but less than
- Two weeks, if the trial period is three months.
- employment contract for a definite / indefinite term and replacement contracts:
- Two weeks, if the employee has worked for the employer for no more than six months
- One month, if the employee has worked for the employer for at least six months
but less than three years,
- Three months, if the employee has worked for the employer for at least three
Months of Salary - There are normally 12 months of salary.
Retirement - Men from 65 years and females from 60 years of age.
Working Hours – Maximum is a 40 hour week.
Vacation -20 or 26 calendar days for staff working a 40 hour week, depending on the seniority. There are 13 Public Holidays.
Maternity Leave - starts the day of the childbirth, it is 20 weeks and 32 weeks of Parental Leave. Maternity and Parental leaves are paid from the Polish Social Security Contributions.
Sick Pay -The first 33 calendar days in a year are to be paid by the employer. After if is paid from the Polish Social Security Contributions.
Social Security EMPLOYER full social contribution is from 17,48% to 20,1% of remuneration (depending on the company profile) but the part of retirement pension contributions is limited to Social Security Basis of 156.810 PLN per year.