Compandben Payroll Partner
HR outsourcing CROATIA
GLOBAL HR PAYROLL OUTSOURCING CROATIA
HR outsourcing in Croatia
A range of services are provided including
- Payroll Administration
- Employment Services where we will employ individuals for firms that do not want to directly employ staff
- HR Advice, employment Contracts
- Tax efficient salary structures
- Work permits for foreign employees
- Remuneration and Benefits advice, survey and implementation
- Assisting clients when establishing companies in Croatia
- Expatriate Administration – including split payrolls and home/host social security
If you’re thinking of employing someone in Croatia you need to remember the following, and understand the various mandatory payments you’re obliged to include in the final cost per person.
1. It’s NOT possible for a foreign company to be registered as an Employer in Croatia without having to set up a legal entity.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Probationary Period The normal probationary period is 180 days for an indefinite contract, 30 days for a one-year contract. An extension of the probationary period for another 180 days is permitted.
Notice period - Minimum 30 days but can go higher for certain labour categories.
Months of Salary - There are normally 12 months of salary.
Retirement - Men from 65 years and females from 61.25 years of age. Sometimes variable according to the professional category.
Working Hours – Maximum is a 40-hour week.
Vacation -minimum 20 calendar days for staff working a 40-hour week (public holidays excluded). There are 14 Public Holidays.
Maternity Leave - 365 days starting up to 730 days after childbirth. the maternity leave can start before the childbirth if there are medical issues. The salary and contributions are paid by the Croatian state during the time of the maternity leave. No costs for the employer.
- The first entitlement for the maternity leave is 240 days (8 months), which are paid 100%
- After the 240 days, the maternity leave is paid 50% if prolonged. It can be prolonged to 12 months or more
- The maximum to be allowed is 2 years, out of which the first 8 months only are paid 100%
These conditions might be modified depending on the number of children born in the family (first, second or further child), if the father “used” some of the rights, if the leave include sick leave (pre or post-natal)
Sick Pay -The first 4 days are to be paid by the employer. After that the Croatia state takes over.
Social Security EMPLOYER contribution is 16.5% of remuneration